Take Control of Your Life
Turning Point is a joint program between Central Technology Center and area high schools. Turning Point provides academic and technical training opportunities to students (age 16-19) who have dropped out of school or are at immediate risk of dropping out of school.
High School liasons will identify students who are eligible for Turning Point. The student will stay enrolled at the high school, but will attend all classes at Central Tech. This allows learners to receive a high school diploma from their high school upon completing the program and meeting high school graduation requirements.
No. A GED is a high school equivalency exam. With Turning Point, students are still enrolled as a high school student and will receive a high school diploma from their school. Turning Point allows students to attend tuition free – receiving academic coursework required for high school graduation and technical training.
- Yes, and more. Central Tech offers hands-on technical training to high school students and adults. In addition, Central Tech offers academic classes, credit recovery and Turning Point. Students can receive the credits needed in English, math, science and social studies.
- Highly qualified teachers assist Turning Point students with academic classes for half of the day, and students choose from one of Central Tech’s full-time classes for the other half of the day.
- Academic courses are internet-based through Odyssey Ware. This program allows students to work at their own pace.
- Students may also choose to work on assignments from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Small class sizes give students the ability to receive more one-on-one instruction.
- The self-paced individualized training with open entry and open exit classes provides a great benefit to students.
Central Tech offers many classes with hundreds of career choices. Central Tech recruiters can help you make a choice that’s right for you.
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, Audio Video Technology & Communications
- Business, Management & Administration
- Health Science
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics